My Story

My Story

I was born in Scotland and immigrated to Canada when I was four. I have lived and worked on a farm all my life and been working on it at spring and harvest since I was eleven. When I was twelve dad taught me how to drive the combine and I've ran it since then every harvest. In spring I worked the land for dad and he seeded. our farm was 2000 acres. In the summer I sail with the Manitoba Sailing Team and have been racing with them since I was 12 or 13 in a Laser Radial.

Sunday 2 March 2014

Costa Rica

Costa Rica was a really great port we didn't dock in this port only anchored and took the tenders into port. the port in Costa Rica was very very secure. Two turn-stile bar gate things which I thought were a bit much but i guess they must have been necessary. Peurto Limon was a bit of a dive but Costa Rica in General was absolutely beautiful. Costa rica is a very hilly mountainous country and has greenery everywhere. Many exotic animals and plant species live in Costa rica and its a great place for nature lovers to go and see. Costa rica offers lots of fun activities to do as well zip lining, white water rafting, horseback riding, ATVing, nature hikes through jungles. I really loved it there we had a lot of fun in Costa Rica. Our port program was probably the best one we have had this year so far. We went white water rafting down the Pacuare river. Rafting is really cool its amazing how the raft jsut moves with the water around the boulders our guide was steering us also but the river did most of the work. I got pulled out of the raft by my paddle when it got stuck in a rock and lost my shoes in the process. I was back in the raft within seconds though. Going down the rapids not in a raft would be very painful though because I got a few bumps in the seconds that I was in. We brought food with us down the river and had lunch at the side in this little camping area then went back to rafting for the remaining hour of our four hour trek downriver. The day after the port program a few of us went to the jungle to see sloths. we didn't have too much luck we saw one but it was very high in a tree we did however see monkeys, raccoons, crabs, spiders, and birds. We only saw a sloth close up on our last day in Costa Rica. Sloths are a protected animal in Costa Rica so they are pretty much everywhere one was hanging in a park tree just outside our port. it was only 12-15 feet off the ground too so we got a good look at it. sloths take 30  days to digest their food then come down from their tree and relieve themselves. our time was soon finished in Costa Rica and it was time to head to the Dominican Republic. we actually left a day early because the wind was against us the whole way to Dominican so we had to motor all the way there which means going slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment