My Story

My Story

I was born in Scotland and immigrated to Canada when I was four. I have lived and worked on a farm all my life and been working on it at spring and harvest since I was eleven. When I was twelve dad taught me how to drive the combine and I've ran it since then every harvest. In spring I worked the land for dad and he seeded. our farm was 2000 acres. In the summer I sail with the Manitoba Sailing Team and have been racing with them since I was 12 or 13 in a Laser Radial.

Saturday 1 March 2014

Columbia

The sail to Columbia was very windy and rough water because the trade winds that blow east to west hook around the top of south america and speed up. we broke quite a few plates and bowls. Other than the rocking it was a very nice short fast sail to Columbia. We arrived and docked at this really nice little dock which had peoples private yachts and fishing boats. Old town was just a short drive away or you could walk it in 20 minutes. Old town was surrounded by a big wall and hard century old buildings inside it. my group and I took a Carriage ride throughout the old part of the city and our guide told us about some of its history. We saw all the cannon holes in the wall which fought off pirates hundreds of years ago. Our port program in Columbia was a trip to a a mud volcano. A mud volcano which you could go inside of, basically you climbed down a ladder into the much and because it was so dense you floated there. A very strange feeling mud almost the consistency of a thick custard covering your body. it was difficult to move as well it didn't react the same as water no propulsion at all. After the port program we had one last day of shore leave until we set sail for Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment