My Story

My Story

I was born in Scotland and immigrated to Canada when I was four. I have lived and worked on a farm all my life and been working on it at spring and harvest since I was eleven. When I was twelve dad taught me how to drive the combine and I've ran it since then every harvest. In spring I worked the land for dad and he seeded. our farm was 2000 acres. In the summer I sail with the Manitoba Sailing Team and have been racing with them since I was 12 or 13 in a Laser Radial.

Friday 28 February 2014

Christmas Break

My christmas Break started off nice, flying home was excellent the flights were smooth and I got a row to myself on both flights. We got into Toronto and only had an hour to catch our flights both the Calgary people and I. We still had security immigration and baggage claim to go through so time was ticking! a girl was leaving the program and it was the last time we were going to see her so we had a short sad goodbye in the lines for immigration then had to quickly get to our gates. we both made it I made it by minutes to my gate and the others were tight for time also. I got home into Winnipeg and was greeted by a nice -50 degrees Celsius just what I needed -_-  the cold was a bit of a shock but I felt fine for the first few days. we got home and I saw the dogs Luna was a wee bit afraid of me and wasn't quite sure who I was I don't think Chippy was just as she always was happy to see anyone. first day or two I just relaxed and enjoyed not doing anything for once. it was the first time in 4- 5 months that I hadn't gotten up at 7 30 in the morning had breakfast and then cleaned for an hour. I unfortunately got sick I think with the 80 degree change in temperature my muscles in my back tensed up terribly and I was in a fair bit of pain just couldn't get comfortable. I was starting to miss the ship at this point. I got much needed  rest for the next few days and then in the last few days went and saw people that I needed to see. Caught up with friends in Canada and family back in Scotland. By the time everything was done it was time for me to leave and go back to the ship. Mum flew with me to Toronto and made sure I got onto the plane safely. we were the last flight to make it out of Toronto due to a snow storm mum was marooned in Toronto for 3 or 4 days after I had left. Once in Barbados again we taxi'd back to the ship and then had shore leave time until everyone made it back flights were cancelled because of the weather. everyone returned eventually and we set sail for Curacao.

No comments:

Post a Comment