My Story

My Story

I was born in Scotland and immigrated to Canada when I was four. I have lived and worked on a farm all my life and been working on it at spring and harvest since I was eleven. When I was twelve dad taught me how to drive the combine and I've ran it since then every harvest. In spring I worked the land for dad and he seeded. our farm was 2000 acres. In the summer I sail with the Manitoba Sailing Team and have been racing with them since I was 12 or 13 in a Laser Radial.

Friday 28 February 2014

Curaçao

Curacao was our first port of the second semester we were docked in this canal which had a walking bridge which opened and closed whenever a ship needed to come in. The buildings in Curacao were all dutch style architecture and were all painted in beautiful colours. The area of Curacao that we were in was a cruise ship terminal so it was quite touristy. Our port program this port was a tour of an aquarium and a dolphin show. We took a bus to the aquarium and got shown around we learned about what they study at the aquarium. they were studying the progressive decay of the reefs surrounding Curacao which are one of the best reefs in the world to snorkel and dive at. Next was the dolphin showing, there were 8 dolphins which performed for us. they did synchronized flips in the air swam with their trainers and threw their trainers into the air for a finally. Dolphins are truly amazing creatures, incredibly smart and have a strong connection with their trainers. In the days that followed we walked around Willemstad some more and we took a taxi to a popular cliff jumping spot on the island. Two people jumped but it was too high and starting to get dark so the rest of us decided not to. That exciting day concluded our stay in Curacao we left and sailed away to our next port Cartagena, Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment